You think you’re healthy, but you just don’t feel that great anymore. You frequently find yourself wondering why you’re so doggoned tired, or why your clothes keep getting tighter even though you’re not eating any differently, or why you’re irritable and anxious much of the time and struggle to focus and concentrate – on anything.
If any of this sounds like you, I have some really good news. You are not doomed to feel sluggish, tired, foggy, grumpy, or fat. There are good reasons that you’re not feeling like yourself – when you had energy, felt excited about your life and comfortable in your clothes.
And, one of the major reasons is this – your body is overloaded with toxins. And the sad but true reality is that when you are filled to the brim with hundreds of toxins that your body just can’t handle, you don’t feel good. Period.
Did you know that the average newborn has over 200 chemicals, pollutants and pesticides in the blood of their umbilical cord?
Another study found that the average woman puts over 515 synthetic chemicals on her body every day without even knowing it! And, 60% of those products are absorbed into your body.
How to Protect Yourself from Toxic Overload
Toxins Are Everywhere – Today, there are over 80,000 toxic substances in the environment and only about 400 have even been tested. They are in your food, in the air you breathe, in the water you drink, in your household cleaning supplies, and in your make-up and personal care products you put on your beautiful body every day.
And, increasingly, we are discovering that our super “smart” devices, like cell phones, wi-fi, etc. are constantly bombarding us with deadly EMF’s (electro-magnetic smog), and dirty electricity, causing a host of symptoms that erode your health, vitality and quality of life.
No matter where you live on the planet, you can’t avoid them completely. And, no one is toxin-free. The first step in starting to reduce your toxic load is to recognize the signs that signal your body is in toxic overload.
7 Signs of Toxic Overload
1. Fatigue: Physical energy is produced inside your cells by your mitochondria, often nicknamed your “energy factories”. What the cells need to produce high energy is a healthy, clean diet pure water and oxygen. What prevents the healthy production of energy at the cellular level is toxins – because they damage the DNA and the mitochondria – resulting in impaired ability to produce energy for the body.
2. Stubborn Weight: If you’re eating healthy and moving your body regularly but your stubborn weight still hangs on, this is a sign you have toxic build-up. When there are too many toxins in the body, it creates fat cells to “wrap” around the toxins to protect your body from damage to the cells. Basically, toxins trigger the body to create fat.
3. Brain-Fog or poor memory: If you’re experiencing reduced mental clarity, concentration, focus, or memory it’s a clear sign that you are experiencing an overload of neurotoxins – a class of compounds that are toxic to the brain. These neurotoxins cause inflammation and damage to neurons in the brain.
4. Constipation: If you’re chronically constipated, it is a sign that an abundance of toxin buildup in the digestive tract is responsible. And, it’s a double-edged sword because constipation then causes toxins to be trapped inside your body, wreaking havoc on your intestines and contributing to leaky gut. Leaky gut, in turn, allows toxins to get into your blood stream and create inflammation and an immune response.
5. Skin Problems: Dry, itching skin, acne, rashes, eczema, psoriasis, etc. are sure signs of toxic overload. Our skin is our largest detoxification organ, and when the liver becomes too toxic and can’t get the toxins out fast enough, it releases them through the skin, causing skin problems.
6. Sleep Disturbances: Toxins are created in your brain as a natural process of metabolism, as the brain performs its many functions during the day. Research shows that the brain detoxes itself during sleep through the glymphatic system. If you miss sleep, the blood-brain barrier is weakened by the inability of the brain to detox, allowing toxins to cross over into the brain and preventing the brain from detoxing during sleep.
7. Muscle aches and pains: If you are experiencing frequent aching or painful muscles and joints, not caused by over- exercising, it is likely a sign you have a buildup of toxins in your muscles and joints.
Weekly Tip to Lower Your Toxic Load
This week take note of any signs of toxic burden you may be experiencing, and start to minimize your toxins with this simple exercise:
Breathe. Just notice your breath throughout the day and if it’s a little fast or shallow, just allow it to deepen and slow for a few breaths.
Why mindful breathing? It increases the amount of oxygen and blood flow to your cells that help reduce toxic buildup; reduces stress – a major contributor of toxins; and assist your lungs in expelling toxins (which is also necessary for heart health).
If you would like to find out how I can help you lower your toxic overload, double your energy and lose up to 15 lbs in 21 days, please complete the form below for a FREE 15-minute chat to see if my 21-Day Energy Reset Detox for Body, Mind and Soul is a good fit for you.
If not, I will be able to give you some great resources to help you take back control of your energy, moods, weight, and brain.
Have a blessed and week and don’t forget to stop and breathe frequently!