Are you tired of feeling tired, sluggish, and brain-fogged?
I hear so many of my clients saying the same thing these days . . . “I don’t have any energy, I can’t get anything done, or I can’t think clearly or stay focused – my mind just runs all over the place and I can’t relax.”
Fortunately, after becoming so exhausted, foggy-brained, and anxiety-ridden myself, before I was diagnosed with MS, and then figuring out how to turn all those symptoms (and worse) around to double my energy and focus, I am now able to help others do the same.
My book, Rebuild Your Immune System in 10 Minutes a Day: 56 Medication-Free Approaches to Prevent and Reverse Inflammatory and Autoimmune Diseases will finally be available this month! It’s at the printer’s as I write this blog. Today, I am sharing 12 nuggets from the book of the most effective ways to take back your health and vitality (and your brain and life) and finally feel good again.
Here they are:
- Detox, Detox, Detox. Exfoliate your skin ~ Flush your liver with Milk Thistle (herbal supplement) and lemon water ~ Drink lots of green tea ~ Try a colon cleanse ~ Eat plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables ~ Sit in a sauna ~ Use air filters in your home ~ Take antioxidants: CQ10, Garlic, Resveratrol, Alpha-Lipoic Acid, Turmeric, Vitamin C, E.
- Hydrate. Drink lots of fresh spring water – add lemon, orange or cucumber.
- Breathe. Notice your breathing throughout the day – deepen and slow it down. Try yoga, tai chi, or meditation. Relax doing something you enjoy.
- Get a Good Night’s Sleep. Reduce caffeine, sugar and processed foods ~ Turn off the T.V. and computer a half hour before bed ~ Brush, floss and wash your face and apply a nice cream to your face and body ~ Read something calming ~ Drink Chamomile Tea ~ Sniff Lavender aromatherapy oil ~ Create a calming ritual ~ Create a calming environment in your bedroom.
- Renew Your Spirit. Try prayer ~ Read inspirational books ~ Meditate ~ Attend church or place of worship.
- Add Omega 3 Oils to your diet. Put Flax or Hemp seeds/oil on your salads and vegetables or in your smoothie/cereal ~ Eat Fish 2 x’s a week ~ Eat Walnuts ~ Add a Fish Oil supplement to your diet.
- Use Your Mind. Read ~ Learn ~ Challenge Yourself ~ Try new things ~ Try Puzzles.
- Eat Organic. Fruits and Vegetables ~ Whole Grains ~ Nuts ~ Seeds.
- Take a High Quality Multi Vitamin-Mineral Supplement. Take extra B vitamins.
- Exercise for Fun! Try biking ~ gardening ~ sex ~ tennis ~ swimming ~ hula hoop.
- Reduce Sugar Intake. Eat less added sugar and white flours ~ sodas ~ alcohol ~ fast food.
- Laugh often and hard ~ watch funny movies ~ browse funny cards at a gift shop ~ Watch Comedy Central ~ Laugh at yourself.
I hope you will choose a few of these to implement into your life, so you can increase your energy, regain your youthful vitality and feel happy and productive again. Or, if you would like some help increasing your energy and boosting your vitality and productivity, please contact me for a complimentary 15 minute assessment of your health here.
Let me know how they work for you! Wishing you a blessed and happy week.